James Garner


 Garner wrote:

"I started smoking it in my late teens. I drank to get drunk but ultimately didn't like the effect. Not so with grass. It had the opposite effect from alcohol: it made me more tolerant and forgiving.

"I did a little bit of cocaine in the Eighties, courtesy of John Belushi, but fortunately I didn’t like it. But I smoked marijuana for 50 years and I don’t know where I'd be without it. It opened my mind and now it eases my arthritis. After decades of research I’ve concluded that marijuana should be legal and alcohol illegal."

Still, he said: "I've had to work hard at that easy-going manner you see on screen." I think the marijuana helped. He's also being called "witty," "wise cracking" and "understated" in his obits. Those are three more pothead traits, as was his political activism: in 1963 he participated in the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom along with Paul Newman, Marlon Brando and Diahann Carroll (pictured).

http://www.cannabisculture.com/content/2014/07/22/RIP-James-Garner-Actor-and-Marijuana-Lover

No comments:

Post a Comment